Znajdź nas: Kamera online
?page=219
 

» Berest
» Czyrna
» Polany
» Tylicz


Tylicz

 

Tourist town located at Muszynka creek and its tributary at side road to Mochnaczka. Access is possible by bus from Krynica (6 km) or by car from Powroźnik .

Tylicz is one of the oldest settlements in Beskid Sądecki. Its creation and development has been related to trade track via Tylicz Pass. The track started in Gdańska, further passing Toruń, Cracow, Wieliczka, Bochnia, Czchów, Kamienica Nawojowska Valley and that of Muszynka, then by Krzyżówka, Mochnaczka, Tylicz, Muszynka to Bardiów. This settlement has been located on German Law in year 1336 as Ornawa. Municipal right are granted by King Kazimierza Wielkiego in year 1363 as for Miastko city. It is recorded at that time with cities other names as Ornamentum ( armed place ) or Nowum Oppidum ( New Fortress ). The city in XIVth century carried trade-defense functions, and as numerous publication maintain, it had its castle ( archeological excavations did not finally confirm this thesis), defensive embankments and "kotcze castles" ( mobile protection points originating from Hussite tradition ). In year 1391 Miastko is given by King Władysław Jagiełło to Cracow bishops and since that moment it was part of the "Muszyna Key".  In spite of numerous privileges granted Miastko inhabitants the city declines. In XVth century the municipal character of Miastko weakens; city inhabitants equally as Łemecks moved here are dealing with agriculture. This situation changes only in year 1612 when King Zygmunt The IIIrd, allows to second granting of municipal right to this settlement. City takes new name to commemorate its reviver - Cracow bishop Piotr Tylicki. At that time there were religious conflicts, finding its solution only in Roman Curia. In year 1636 on Pope`s order a Committee has been created which found that the Russians are to be blamed, and ordered them to leave the town. Thanks actions of bishop Tylicki shortly the city gains its old shine. The mill has been build, brewery and Town Hall. After the Barska Confederation failed Tylicz alike rest of The Muszyna State, Tylicz became part of the Austrian Treasury. In period of Poland partition and occupation by other states, in Tylicz polish school is established by Józef Sfornikiewicz as part of National Education Committee (Komisja Edukacji Narodowej) program implementation.

After rail line Tarnów - Muszyna in year 1876, Tylicz begins gradually to decline and in result in year 1933 lost its municipal rights. Since year 1935 the village becomes the site of collective municipal authorities. German occupation period brings change of nationality structure of Tylicz. In year 1939 Jews people of the region are moved from this area to ghetto in Grybów. Then, after the war (1945-47) -  the Łemecks. In Tylicz only 560 Poles remained.

 

Tourist values

The village is located at height of 570-585 m above sea level on the edge of Beskid Sądecki and Beskid Niski, in zone separating water division of Baltic Sea from that of the Black Sea. Tylicz is surrounded by beautiful mountain peaks as: Szwarcowa (795 m), Szalone (832 m), Bradowiec (770 m), Szynkarówka (691 m) and from East (Łan 742 m), Dzielec (792 m), Beskid (683m), Polanka (726 m) .

For tourists visiting this place ski lifts are available and ski slopes or tracks for those who love ski racing and running. In summer the forests offer lots of mushroom, in particular delicious ones named rydze and borowiki.

Tourists who come to Tylicz may visit one of oldest monuments in this region: Parish church of Saints Peter and Paul. It is located at rectangular market (the urban layout of Tylicz dates from XIVth century). The building has been built in year 1612 and has been founded by Cracow bishop Piotr Tylicki. This is timber building with one nave of framework construction with tower above the porch in pillar construction. The temple is crowned with baroque turret on signature and bulb like helmet with the cross above the tower.

Inside of particular interest are main altar (XVI/XVIIth centuries) with picture of particular cult of "Matka Boska Tylicka z Dzieciątkiem" which is imitating Dutch picture of Adriaenw Ysenbrandt. According to legend the picture has been brought to Tylicz from Czechs. Other interesting XVIIIth century pictures are: Śmierć Św. Józefa (Death of Saint Joseph), Trzy Marie U grobu Chrystusa (Three Maries at Christ Grave), Św. Antoni z Dzieciątkiem (Saint Anthony with the Child) and Św. Tekla (Saint Tekla). The monumental equipment brings interesting subjects: two rococo lateral altars ( XVII/XVIIIth century with pictures of Anny  Samotrzeć, Veraicon, Św. Marcina (Saint Martin), Św. Jana  Nepomucena (Saint John Nepomucen), feretrum  (with sculpture of Św. Matki Boskiej z Dzieciątkiem (Gods Mother with the Child) of XVIIIth century) and baroque  pulpit, baptismal font and organs (of XVIIIth century ). Unique are gothic crucifix (XIVth w.) and mortar ( XVIIIth century).

 

One of the Tylicz monuments is also masonry bell-tower standing right at the church and dating back to year 1803; it was founded by priest Stanisław Kusiarski. The tower has three bells hanged between four pillars. The oldest of this bells has been cast in year 1665 by Maciej Ulrich in Spisz. The area at the embellished by beautiful lindens (nature monuments).

Out of old constructions of Tylicz only few burgher`s houses remained; their top walls are facing the market, the other structure is the brick chapel of  year 1808 founded by the inhabitants. This structure has been built of stone on quadrangle layout and has ceramic tiled roof.

Mineral water sources.

This place has abundant mineral water sources. The presence of the water has been noted in XIXth century. These are mainly oxalates hydro-carbonates-calcium -ferrous. The main source is around 200 m from the cerkov on left shore of Muszynka river. Other outlets of mineral water have been found in creeks Błatnik and Halarny ( left tributaries of Muszynka ) and in Bradowiec valley. Totally in Tylicz there are 20 outlets of mineral water . Part of the sources is exploited by company "Multico" for production of well known on polish market mineral water "Multi Vita".

Tourist tracks

From Tylicz starts black track via Huzary mountain ( 865 m.) to Krynica ( length: 4,5 km-walKing time 45 min ). Following this track one can also get to Mochnaczka Niżna - turning in Huzary on red tracks (length 5 km- walKing time 1 hour).