he Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskevia in Czyrna

The Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskevia in Czyrna (currently a Roman Catholicchurch of the Immaculate Heart of Mary) was originally built in 1893-94. This oriented(its presbytery faces east) tripartite church on a cross plan has log-framework structure. The lateral arms are closed rectangularly and topped with semicircular gables. The tower featuring an overhung loft is timbered and topped with a clock cornice and a dome. Its ridge roof, covered with sheet metal and bearing turrets above the nave and presbytery, is topped with bulbous domes with lanterns. Inside stand an iconostasis (early 20th century), a small altarpiece (1600s) with a painted image of the Virgin Mary with the Child, and next to it on the wall a rococo icon showing St. Paraskevia of the second half of the 1700s.


Mass/opening hours
Weekdays: 7:00, 17:00
Sunday and holidays:
8:00, 11:00


address
The Greek Catholic church of St. Paraskevia in Czyrna
Czyrna 37, 33-380 Czyrna


contact details
tel. +48 18 474 16 10


GPS
N49 28.965 (49.482750)
E21 01.255 (21.020916)