The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian in Tylicz (currently a Roman Catholic Cemetery Church) was built in 1743. A tripartite West Lemko church, it was erected using log construction with the walls boarded and fastened with clamps. Alongside the nave by the iconostasis are two rooms for singers, the so-called kliroi, which do not appear anywhere else in the Lemko region. Currently they fulfil the role of side chapels. The figurative-ornamental polychrome work dating from 1938 is thematically linked to the 950th anniversary celebrations of the Conversion of Rus. The C18th late-baroque iconostasis is incomplete.
Open to public in summer
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Cosmas and St. Damian in Tylicz
Konfederatów Barskich, 33-383 Tylicz
tel. 18 47 11 310
N49 23.718 (49.395300)
E21 01.678 (21.027966)