The Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Tylicz

The Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Tylicz was founded in 1612 by the bishop Piotr Tylicki. It was erected using log construction with the walls vertically boarded. The interior layout is single-nave, with a narrower chancel that is closed on three sides and has a sacristy attached to the north. The polychrome work with ornamental and figurative motifs was carried out in 1960 by K. Morway and K. Puchała. In and near the chancel there are three rococo altars dating from the second half of the C18th, including the main altar with a marvellous painting of Madonna with Child (known as the Tylicz Madonna) from the turn of the C17th.


Open to public in summer

 

01.05-30.09.2016 r.

address
The Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Tylicz
Rynek 15, 33-383 Tylicz


contact details
tel. 18 47 11 310


website
http://www.parafiatylicz.pl


GPS
N49 23.907 (49.398450)
E21 01.439 (21.023983)