The Auxiliary Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord and Our Lady of Częstochowa

The Auxiliary Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord and Our Lady of Częstochowa arose in 1863 as the first health resort church (the so-called chapel on the “Dietlówka”). The church was designed by the architect F. Księgarski in the baroque style. It was built using log construction, in the shape of an octagon combined with a Greek cross, and was covered by a shingled roof with a lantern. The church fittings consist of two altars from the turn of the C20th with paintings of Our Lady of Częstochowa and The Transfiguration of Our Lord. Next to the church is a wooden cross from 1910 commemorating the 500th anniversary of the battle of Grunwald.


Open to public in summer

01.05-30.09.2016 r.


contact details
tel. +48 18 47 12 388
tel. +48 18 47 15 005


website
www.wnmpkrynica.diecezja.tarnow.pl


GPS
N49 25.175 (49.419583)
E20 57.550 (20.959166)

Tagi